Alpine Bike Works is the newest Yeti Cycles dealer
We’re please to announce that Alpine Bike Works is the newest dealer in the Yeti Cycles dealer network. We love the Yeti philosophy and couldn’t be more proud to offer these awesome race inspired cross country and enduro mountain bikes in Killington, Vermont.
Yeti is devoted to building and riding bikes
The Yeti philosophy is simple. They build bikes they want to ride. Hand built race bred since 1985, their rider-focused mindset simplifies the process and allows the best ideas to rise to the top. Mechanics often see things that engineers don’t. Pro riders feel things that only great riders can feel. These are all relevant to Yeti. Some ideas that come out of this process are big and others amount to small changes, but the collective sum of these ideas is substantial and defines Yeti bikes when you get them on the dirt.
Over the years through the various evolutions of Yeti Cycles, one thing remains constant— racing. And not just racing, but winning. Going faster is what drives us at Yeti. It is reflected in the bikes we make. — Yeti Bicycles
Yeti bicycles available at Alpine Bike Works
There are two series of mountain bikes available from Yeti Cycles. The Turq series and the Carbon series. The Turq series of bikes are high end bikes made with the highest quality carbon fiber available and offer a perfect balance of ride quality and weight savings. This series offers a smooth, solid and aggressive ride.
By using less high modulus carbon than the Turq series, the Carbon series maintains Yeti’s award winning ride quality and technology standards only sacrificing a little weight. The Carbon series offers carbon frames paired with individually chosen components to balance performance and price.
Yeti Cycles models:
- SB6 – The SB6 is built to excel on the toughest enduro tracks in the world and earned the 2015 EWS World Championship title under Yeti factory rider Richie Rude. Although it screams gravity, this bike is light, pedals well, and is tons of fun on the lifts or grinding out big days in the backcountry.
- SB5.5 – The SB5.5 is where the trail, all-mountain and enduro bike intersect. Lightweight and agile, this bike eats up grueling technical climbs and hauls going downhill. Forget any preconceived notions about 29ers. Thanks to an impeccable frame design, shortened chainstays and aggressive component spec, this bike is easy to maneuver and feels lively and quick on the descents.
- SB5+ – Always reaching for the widest tire you can find? If so, push your limits on Yeti’s all-new plus bike, the SB5+. Offering unparalleled stability and traction, the SB5+ offers 5 inches of travel, resulting in a bike equally balanced for climbs and descents. Yeti’s Switch Infinity suspension platform and smart frame design will bring ease to mucky trails, loose gravel and essentially any trail condition you can throw at this bike.
- SB5 – The all-new SB5 is the next iteration of Yeti’s most popular all-mountain bike. Born from the trails of Colorado, this bike represents everything a trail bike should be — lightweight, nimble on climbs and dominant on descents. With an updated, sleek frame design, internal cable routing, BOOST spacing, lower stand-over height and metric suspension all atop Yeti’s Switch Infinity translating pivot, the all-new SB5 is the go-to choice for any trail adventure.
- SB5 BETI – The all-new SB5 Beti is built for hard-charging women looking for the ideal trail bike. For 2017, Yeti took the updated SB5 sleek frame design, internal cable routing and lower stand-over height and matched it with customized women’s specific components — including women’s specific saddle, handlebars and crank arms. Outfitted with Switch Infinity suspension platform and a metric shock tuned for lighter riders, this is the favored bike among Yeti’s professional and recreational women riders.
- SB4.5 – Once Yeti rolled out Switch Infinity on big wheels, the SB4.5 quickly became the answer for riders looking for a multi-talented rig. The SB4.5 frame design is optimized for 29” wheels and has a distinctly different personality than 29ers of old, ensuring the rider feels perfectly balanced between the wheels, not top heavy or lumbering. The proficient Switch Infinity suspension platform and short chainstays make this bike feel effortless on climbs and lively and plush on descents.
- ASR – The ASR is a cross-country race machine with an appetite equally hungry for ascending as it is for descending. Yeti optimized every part of the frame to achieve an incredibly lightweight and efficient ride. The result is an extremely capable 4” travel mountain bike that transitions easily from the burly trails of the Colorado Front Range to the local Killington XC race loop. The XS and small sizes come equipped with 27.5”wheels; medium through XL are built around 29ers.
- ASR Beti – The ASR Beti is Yeti’s lightest full-suspension bike and features hand selected women’s specific components and custom tuned suspension. In order to accommodate smaller riders, Yeti built the x-small and small sizes around 27.5” wheels. The medium and large sizes have bigger 29” hoops. The outcome is a bike capable of withstanding even the most taxing and technical trails like the infamous Apex trail system in Yeti’s backyard and XC race courses around the world.
Stop in today to check out the latest bikes from Yeti Cycles. Yeti SB4.5, SB5 BETI and SB5.5 Demos available.